Evernote is one of the most used note-taking apps in the world. Many people use Evernote as a primary note-taking app. But, now, Evernote has not had enough modern note-taking features. So, Evernote users are finding an alternative note-taking app. There are many Evernote Alternative out there.
I used many Evernote alternatives. Among them, Nimbus Note, Notejoy, Simplenote, and Notesnook are close to Evernote. Other Evernote alternatives are Notion, Obsidian, Workflowy, Google Keep, Mem note, OneNote, Dynalist, Roam Research, Bear App, Typora, etc.
If you are a lawyer then, probably you are using Evernote. It is time to rethink your note-taking app. Yes, Evernote is trying to bring new features in every week. But, those features are not enough for modern-day use.
- Best Evernote Alternative 2021:
- 1. Nimbus Note: The Best Evernote Alternative in 2021:
- 2. Notejoy: A Better Evernote Alternative:
- 3. Notesnook: Evernote Clone With Extra Features:
- 4. Simplenote: The Simplest Evernote Alternative:
- 5. Notion: The Modern All In One Note-Taking Apps For Evernote Alternative:
- 6. Obsidian: The Best Practical Note-Taking App:
- 7. Workflowy: The Quickest And Simple Note-Taking App:
- 8. Roam Research: The Idea Connector Note-Taking App:
- 9. Mem Note: New Born Amazing Note-Taking App:
- 10. Typora: A Destruction Free Writer And Note-Taking App:
- 11. Bear App: The Best Note-Taking App For Cross Device Use:
- 12. OneNote: The Grand Daddy Of Note-Taking App:
- 13. Google Keep: The Best Mobile Based Note-Taking App:
- 14. Dynalist: Simple But Powerful Note-Taking App:
- Let Me Help You To Choose Your Note-Taking App:
Best Evernote Alternative 2021:
There are many note-taking apps around the world. Not all of them are good for everyone. Evernote is one of the most popular note-taking apps in the world. But, there are many more Evernote alternatives out there. Here are the top 14 Evernote alternatives for 2021 for you.
1. Nimbus Note: The Best Evernote Alternative in 2021:
Nimbus Note is an Evernote clone and the best Evernote alternative out there. It has all features of Evernote and some unique features of modern-day note-taking. There are many reasons to choose Nimbus note over Evernote.
In mid-2020, I was happy with Evernote. But, when I discovered the Nimbus note, I just left Evernote and started the Nimbus note. I am Going to tell you why switch to Nimbus note is a great idea.
1.1. Reason To Choose Nimbus Note Over Evernote:
- Markdown Editor(Cannot Create Table).
- Focus Mode.
- Web Clipper (Better Than Evernote). This Is A Evernote Alternative Web Clipper.
- Auto Sync Cross Device.
- Offline Note-Taking And Editing (No Need A Pro Plan).
- Attach Any Types Of File.
- OCR Capability.
- Block Note Taking like Notion.
- Export File To PDF And HTML.
- Nimbus Web For Access Your Notes From Anywhere.
- Better iOS And Android App.
- Good Table Creation And Editing Features.
- Focus Mode.
1.2. Poor Features Of Nimbus Note:
- No Bi-directional Liking.
- Free Version Is Limited.
As a lawyer, I always recommend Nimbus note to every lawyer as an Evernote alternative. This note-taking app has more tools than Evernote at a lower price.
You can download Nimbus Note from here.
2. Notejoy: A Better Evernote Alternative:
Notejoy is another Evernote-like note-taking app. This app fantastically looks and feels like Evernote. I used this app for one month, and this app is very good at note-taking.
Notejoy provides you every Evernote feature with some modern features too. There are many reasons to use Notejoy instead of Evernote in 2021.
If you are a lawyer like me, then you may face many problems in Evernote. This is the proper time to find an Evernote alternative for your notes. Maybe, Notejoy can fulfill all of your needs as a note-taking app, Evernote alternative 2021.
2.1. Reason To Choose Notejoy Over Evernote
- Bi-directional Linking Note-Taking Made Easy.
- Good And Speedy Web Clipper.
- Markdown Editor (No Support For Creating Tables).
- Trallo, Google Drive, ect. Can Be Easily Integrate.
- Clean UI (Same As Evernote).
- Focus Mode.
2.2. Poor Features Of Notejoy:
- No Table Creation.
- Some Markdown Features Do Not Work.
If you are a lawyer and become a slave of Evernote, then choose this note-taking app. Notejoy has the same user interface and features as Evernote at a competitive price. So, you can switch to Notejoy easily.
You can download Notejoy from here.
3. Notesnook: Evernote Clone With Extra Features:
Notesnook is a security-focused note-taking app. Security is the main sailing point of this note-taking app. This note-taking app has all the features of Evernote and has the most secure note-taking features.
3.1. Reason To Choose Notesnook:
- 100% end-to-end encrypted.
- No Ads.
- They Do not Track You.
- No Data Mining.
- Free end-to-end encrypted notes syncing.
- Private notes vault.
- On device encryption.
- Free password protected notes sharing.
- Free end-to-end encrypted notes syncing.
- Sync With Unlimited Devices.
- Work Offline.
- Export To PDF, HTML, Markdown, etc.
- Import Notes From Any Note-Taking App.
3.2. Poor Features Of Notesnook:
- No Unlimited Storage In Free Version.
- No Unlimited Attachments In Free Version.
- Automatic syncing In Only Pro Version.
- Full rich text editor + markdown support Only In Pro Version.
Notesnook is one of the most secure note-taking apps in the world. You can get every Evernote feature in this app. This note-taking app is the best choice for Lawyers, Law firms, Journalists, Governments, and Business personals for its end-to-end security.
You can download Notesnook from here.
4. Simplenote: The Simplest Evernote Alternative:
Simplenote is one of the cleanest and easiest note-taking apps for professionals. There are some pros and cons of simplenote. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of this note-taking app.
Simplenote is the cleanest and free Evernote alternative in the world. This note-taking app is one of its kind. It has not enough features but some features that are very good for everyday use. Here are some top pros of this app.
4.1. Reason To Choose Simplenote Over Evernote:
- The Creators Of WordPress Created Simplenote.
- App For Every OS In The World.
- Most Secure Note-Taking App.
- Sync Cross Devices Instantly.
- Markdown Editor.
- Totally Free Application.
4.2. Poor Features Of Simplenote:
- No Bi-Directional Linking.
- Team Note-Taking Features Absent In Simplenote.
- No Way Of Attaching Files.
- No Good Option To Import Notes Form Other Note-Taking Apps.
If you want to take notes in the simplest ways, then, Simplenote is the best option for you. Lawyers love simplicity. Lawyers can take advantage of this note-taking app.
You can download Simplenote from here.
5. Notion: The Modern All In One Note-Taking Apps For Evernote Alternative:
Notion is a Swiss army knife note-taking app. It has the ability to do virtually everything within notion app. Notion is one of the fastest-growing note-taking app in the world.
Many people love Notion for its simplicity and for doing every kind of work in it. So, there are no limitations in Notion. You can do anything you want.
Notion in the number 4 because it is not like Evernote. There are tons of features than Evernote in Notion. You can easily import the Evernote export file in Notion. So, think big, grow big, and do big with the magical help of Notion.
5.1. Reason To Choose Notion Over Evernote:
- Notion Is Free With Its Every Features But For 4 Team Members. Enough For Personal Use.
- Notion Is One Of The Most Secure Not-Taking App In The World.
- This App Is A All In One App. You Can Do Anything You Want. You can use as a note-taking system, your case management system, file management system, accounting software for your firm. As a result you can save a huge amount of money just using Notion.
- You can use notion as your personal wiki, personal knowledge base.
- Your Accounting Software Replacement.
- Notion Has One Of The Best Web Clipper In The Market.
- You Can Export Your Notes Into PDF, HTML, Markdown With CSV In Notion.
5.2. Poor Features Of Notion:
- Notion App For Every Platform Are Not Good Enough. All Apps Are Web App. No Offline Mode.
- Notion Has Learning Carves.
- No OCR Capability For Images.
I like Notion from my heart. Many lawyers in the world are shifting to Notion. Not only lawyers but all kinds of note-taking apps users are shifting to Notion because of its wide range of features.
You can download Notion from here.
6. Obsidian: The Best Practical Note-Taking App:
Obsidian is not an old note-taking app like Evernote. But, this app has superior power than Evernote. This app will be your second brain with your notes.
Modern-day note-taking apps have provided so many features. Obsidian provides all the modern features with extra features. As a result, what you need to take your notes, Obsidian will provide you.
6.1. Reason To Choose Obsidian:
- Full Markdown Text Editor.
- Bi-directional Linking Notes.
- Organize Your Note Using Tags.
- Voice Note-Taking.
- Insert Any Kind Of Media.
- Zettelkasten Note-Taking.
- Huge Core And Third-party Plugins.
- Huge Core And Third-party CSS Themes.
- Your Second Brain.
- Stronger Search Feature.
- Block Style Note-Taking.
- Block Bi-directional Linking.
- Fully Local File Storage.
- Most Secure Note-Taking App Out There.
- You can replace your traditional writing app like MS Word, LibreOffice, etc.
6.2. Poor Features Of Obsidian:
- Very Young Platform.
- No WYSIWYG Features.
If you want to learn something new and better then Obsidian is the right choice for you. I learn this app in only three days. You can learn this app in less time. Learn this app and enjoy the freedom of taking notes and feel the power of Obsidian.
You can download Obsidian from here.
7. Workflowy: The Quickest And Simple Note-Taking App:
Workflowy is a Bullet journal note-taking app. It is very simple to use. There is no learning carves in workflowy. Many people do not know the name. Those who use workflowy app as their main note-taking became very happy.
Why people are happy who use workflow apps? There are many reasons for that. Many people love this note-taking app for only one reason simplicity, others have their own reasons. Let’s find out some reasons why this note-taking app is Evernote alternative.
7.1. Reason To Choose Workflowy:
- Workflowy is the simplest, and easiest note-taking app.
- Workflowy mobile app is one of the best note-taking mobile app.
- Apps for every platforms.
- Sync notes into its cloud instantly.
- A Better To-Do List App.
- Bi-directional linking Note-Taking.
- Outline Your Writing.
- Simplest Picture Note-Taking Features.
- Easiest Destruction Free Writing.
- Easy Schedule Management.
- Bullet Journal Note-Taking For Speed Up Your Writing.
- Good GTD Note-Taking Apps.
7.2. Poor Features Of Workflowy:
- Free Version is limited for only 250 Bullets every month.
- No Plugins Option To Increase Functionality.
- No Themes.
If you love simplicity everywhere, Workflowy is the perfect choice for you. This note-taking app has tons of features and capabilities to become a good Evernote alternative.
Download Workflowy from here.
8. Roam Research: The Idea Connector Note-Taking App:
Roam Research is an Obsidian Style note-taking app. This app has the most features Obsidian has. Roam Research is popular among researchers around the world. This app has a large user base.
This note-taking app is gained popularity from mind 2020. Till now, this amazing note-taking app earns respect and love from many users around the world.
8.1. Reason To Choose Roam Research:
- Taking Notes Is So Easy With Bullet Journal Note-Taking.
- Make Your Research Simple.
- Bi-directional Note-Taking System Make Your Effort More Useful To You.
- Insert PDF, Image,Videos Without Hassle.
- Encrypt Your Classified Texts.
- Organize Your To-Do List Easily.
- Your Favorite Calculator.
- Latex Make Your Writing Beautiful.
- Best Way To Use Kanban Board.
- Draw Diagram In Simplest Way.
- Pomodoro Timer For Time Tracking.
- Drawing Picture, No Problem.
8.2. Poor Features Of Roam Research:
- Free Version Only Work With Roam Research Desktop App And No Sync To Cloud.
- Pricing Is Little Bit Higher.
- No Mobile App.
- Learning Curve.
Can I consider Roam Research as an Evernote alternative? Yes, this note-taking app is the best Evernote alternative for researchers, programmers, etc. I strongly recommend this fantastic note-taking app alternative to Evernote.
You can download Roam Research from here.
9. Mem Note: New Born Amazing Note-Taking App:
Mem note is a bi-directional note-taking app. It is a new note-taking app with a lot of promise. Although this is a new note-taking app it has a lot of features.
9.1. Reason To Choose Mem Note:
- Good Markdown Support.
- Clean And Distruction Free Writing Experience.
- Focus Mode.
- Bi-directional Linking Notes.
- Create Notes Via Whatsapp, Telegram, And Text Massage.
- Tags To Organize Notes(No File Manager).
- Google Calendar Easy Integration.
- Modern Features For Team Note-Taking.
9.2. Poor Features Of Mem Note:
- No Apps For Windows, Linux, Android, iOS.
- No Web Clipping Till Now.
- Exporting Options Are Very Limited.
Mem.ai Note is a very new one to judge. But, the good thing is it has created a big hype in the note-taking market. I believe, Mem.ai note is a strong contender and Evernote alternative. Anyone can use this note. Although, to use this note you need an invitation. I can give you an invitation if you email me to do that.
You can download the Mem note from here.
10. Typora: A Destruction Free Writer And Note-Taking App:
Typora is a Markdown-powered simple note-taking app. This simple app was made for only one purpose, Fast note-taking, and writing.
This note-taking app is so simple and feature-rich that your writing and note-taking become quicker and easier. I used this note-taking app for two years. After my testing, I become more pleasing with the app.
10.1. Reason To Choose Typora Over Evernote:
- Full Markdown Editor.
- File Saved In Markdown Format.
- Full Free To Use.
- Lots Of Themes.
- Has Template Gallary.
- Secure To Use.
- Lite App.
- Clean Interface.
- Many Export Options Like PDF, HTML, .md(You Can Export Other File Format By Using PanDoc).
- Best For Writing And Quick Note-Taking.
- App For Mac, Windows And Linux.
10.2. Poor Features Of Typora:
- No Sync Option.
- No Mobile App.
Typora is an elegant note-taking app for free. It has not enough features than Evernote, but, this app is made for quick note-takers and Destruction free writing. I love this app for its simple design and quick writing method. When you start using Typora you become a fan of this amazing app.
Download Typora from here.
11. Bear App: The Best Note-Taking App For Cross Device Use:
The bear app is also a Markdown note-taking app for Mac, iOS devices. This app is so amazing that a lot of Mac users use this app for taking notes and writing.
This amazing app has some unique features that no other note-taking app can provide. I used this app for only 9 days and I become mad for its features.
11.1. Reason To Choose Bear App Over Evernote:
- Markdown Editor.
- Security Is The Other Name Of Bear App.
- Real Time Note Sync.
- Easy Settings.
- Handy Shortcuts.
- Clean Interface.
- Good Export Features.
- Import From Evernote.
- Hashtag To Organize Notes.
- Focus Mode.
- Bi-directional Link Note.
- Good To-Do List Features.
11.2. Poor Features Of Bear App:
- Only Mac, iPad, and iPhone Users Can Use This Fantastic App.
- No Windows Or Android Apps.
If you are a hardcore Apple ecosystem user then Bear App is you must-have app. I can assure you that this note-taking app will not hurt you anyway. You become a lover of Bear app within few days.
You can visit the website from here.
12. OneNote: The Grand Daddy Of Note-Taking App:
Yes, OneNote is one of the oldest note-taking apps in the world. This note-taking app was created by Microsoft. Till then, it is using by millions of users around the world.
But, the question is Why I am recommending this one at the bottom? There are some reasons for that. Truth is, this note-taking app is good enough for your basic needs.
12.1. Reason To Choose OneNote:
- Very Stable Desktop App.
- A Lot Of Options For Them Who Use Drawing A Lot.
- Phone App Is Dam Good.
- A Good Writing And Editing Platform.
- Tabed Note-Taking System.
- Comes With MS Office Bandile.
12.2. Poor Features Of OneNote:
- Often Not Sync To The Cloud.
- No Bi-Directional Link Between Notes.
- Markdown Editor Not Supported.
- No Templates For Quick Work.
- No GTD Options.
- Exporting Notes Is Painful And Limited.
- Shearing Note Is Difficult.
OneNote is a good platform to take notes. This app is suitable for people who do not have enough time to learn something new and who takes notes by using a digital pen.
You can visit the webpage from here.
13. Google Keep: The Best Mobile Based Note-Taking App:
Google Keep is the most mobile-friendly note-taking app on this list. Can you imagine google is giving you a product that has only a mobile app, no desktop app?
Google Keep is one of the best note-taking mobile apps. This app has many features which you can enjoy on your mobile.
13.1. Reason To Choose Google Keep:
- You can take notes by typing, taking pictures, by drawing, etc.
- You can add to-do lists, bullet list, reminder in your notes.
- PIn Your Note At The Top.
- An Absolutely Free App.
- Organize Your Notes With Tags.
- Fantastic Full Feature OCR Option.
- Colorful Note-Taking.
13.2. Poor Features Of Google Keep:
- No Desktop App.
- Import Or Export Notes is not possible.
- No Audio Note-Taking Option.
- No Templates.
I am using Google Keep when this app was first launched. For the great love of Google Keep I took many notes in this app. I love this app for mobile use. If you are a primary note-taker using your mobile, then this app should your first choice.
You can see the webpage of Google Keep.
14. Dynalist: Simple But Powerful Note-Taking App:
This amazing note-taking app is a bullet journal note-taking app. Dynalist has some good features of Workflowy and Obsidian. This app can be your go-to note-taking app.
14.1. Reason To Choose Dynalist:
- Add dates and filter by date and time.
- Convert any list to a checklist.
- Sync dates in Dynalist to your Google Calendar.
- Managing repeating tasks made easy.
- Go to any file or bookmark within keystrokes.
- Manipulate multiple items at once.
- Bookmark anything for superfast access.
- Tags For Quickly group and filter items.
- Cross linking Or Bi-directional Linking.
- Markdown Supports bold, italics, code, image, links, and LaTeX.
- Color-code anything.
- Number your items for easy counting.
- Good Collaboration Features.
- Visitors don’t have to sign up to see your lists.
- Upload files up to 50 MB in size.
- Export to OPML, plain text, or formatted text.
- See past changes to a document and restore any version.
- Get daily backups sent to Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Access and work on your stuff even when offline.
- Override the default shortcuts.
- Access extra options and rearrange the mobile toolbar.
- Choose from Dark, Sepia, Sci-Fi, Sakura, etc. All themes are free!.
- Custom the CSS across all platforms.
- No Limit Of Taking Notes In Free Version.
14.2. Poor Features Of Dynalist:
- No Google Calendar Integration In Free Version.
- Tag Pen Is Not Avleable In Free Version.
- No Recurring Dates In Free Version.
- Image And File Attachment Is Not Possible In Free Version.
- No Daily Cloud Drive Backup In Free Version.
- Custom Shortcuts In Pa Version.
- No Custom Mobile Toolbar In Free Version.
- No Custom CSS In Free Version.
I love Dynalist for its good marketing stragy. They keep all the core features for free just charge for the advanced users. This note-taking app is good enough for lawyers and law firms as well as normal note-takers.
Let Me Help You To Choose Your Note-Taking App:
I know many readers of this article are finding a new and good Evernote alternative. So, I made this huge article only for you. Most lawyers around the world use Evernote for decades. It is time to change to a good one.
Lawyers are most vulnerable to hack. Millions of dollars are spent just to prevent hacking in law firms. Most of the hackers used to still secret documents and notes related to cases and clients. Lawyers can prevent this theft by using good note-taking software.
If you are afraid of security then Notesnook, Nimbus note, Simplenote, Obsidian, and Notjoy are the best for you.
Evernote clean user interface lover and need security, then Nimbus note, Notejoy, and Notesnook are the best choices for you.
If you like to take your notes to a next level and advanced functionality then, Obsidian, Roam Research, Dynalist, Notion, and Workflowy are best for you.
Mac users should use Bear App, Roam Research, Nimbus note, Obsidian.
Want a mobile-only note-taking app then, use Google keep will fit for you.
If you want to write a full article or drafting then consider Obsidian, Typora.
You are taking notes using your digital pen then OneNote and Google Keep may be for you.
If you want everything in one note-taking platform, then Notion will be the best choice.
You can use Nimbus note, Notesnook, Notejoy, Simplenote, Notion, Obsidian, Workflowy, Google Keep, Mem note, OneNote, Dynalist, Roam Research, Bear App, Typora for better note-taking experience.
Nimbus note, Notesnook, Notejoy, Simplenote, Notion, Obsidian, Workflowy, Google Keep, Mem note, OneNote, Dynalist, Roam Research, Bear App, Typora are better than Evernote.
Nimbus note, Notesnook, Notejoy, Simplenote, Notion, Obsidian, Workflowy, Google Keep, Mem note, OneNote, Dynalist, Roam Research, Bear App, Typora are the best Evernote alternatives in 2021.